Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mamma Mia layout

















Ever since I saw a performance of Mamma Mia this summer, my ticket from the show sat on my computer desk, asking to be scrapbooked.

There was one problem - photography wasn't permitted, so I didn't take any pictures. (I would have needed a serious zoom lens considering where I was seated even if I had felt like a rebel). So how do I scrapbook something when all I have is a battered ticket?

With all the recent excitement of the trailers for the movie version (coming next summer) (squee!) I decided to start at the official website, where I knew there were pictures of the actors.

Lo and behold, I filled three pages with bounty from the Internet.

First challenge - the performance I saw had an understudy (Whitney Claire Kaufman) in the part of Sophie. I wanted to scrapbook the cast I saw, so any press photos featuring the regular actress couldn't be used.

Second challenge - there have been cast changes since I saw the show, and one of the actresses no longer had her headshot on the official site. Fortunately, she has a personal website, so I could grab a photo of her from there (same photo as used in the programme - I would have scanned it as a last resort).

By Googling several reviews, I was able to find several press photos which I could use, including some outstanding high resolution ones. I also found some photos on Flickr, from a rebel who did take pictures of the show, and stole used part of one.







The "Mamma Mia" lettering was done on my Cricut. This was the first time that I used brads, and I really like them. It took a lot of research to create these pages, and I'm proud of them.

1 comment:

craftyrachel said...

I really like the lettering you chose from your cricut. Very fun, but not too "cutesy". Nice job!