Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Two challenges for one person

There were two challenges I wanted to try, and I ended up using both, to scrapbook pages dedicated to my favourite dancer, Vera-Ellen.
(If you're thinking "Who?", she is best known for appearing in White Christmas. I have a website dedicated to her if you want to know more.

The first challenge was, " Fill the entire background of your layout." I borrowed the idea I used for the banner on the Vera-Ellen website, and filled the background with black & white photos, to back a stunning colour photo I had from White Christmas.

Vera-Ellen scrapbook page

Vera-Ellen scrapbook page

Click here for largest version.

The second challenge came from Sisterhood of Scrap: "Create a layout-any size, or a card, with at least 3 different patterned papers and at least 3 hearts"

Vera-Ellen actually collected heart shaped items, so it was an easy decision to use this challenge to create a page to go with the other.

Vera-Ellen scrapbook page

Vera-Ellen scrapbook page

Click here for largest version.

There is a lot more scrapbooking I can do on Vera-Ellen - pages dedicated to my favourite of her movies for example. I wonder which challenge will inspire me next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore her; she's such a delight to watch on screen.