Saturday, February 9, 2008

Work in progress

I've been wanting to scrapbook a trip for a while. In 1990, my grandmother and I took a bus trip through the British Isles. When she passed away in November of 2006, I asked that her pictures of the trip be sent to me, and my mother made sure I got them.

I wanted to do this project to really organize it, and to save the photos. The ones I have are stuck in a magnetic album, and only some can be removed. And some of them are fading. I used up three rolls of film, and I can only find the negatives for one of the sets.

So I bought lots of stickers and organized the photos (thank goodness both of us wrote details on the back of the photos!)

Stickers

Photos

And I bought an album just for this project - my first themed album.

The album

And everything just sat there on my coffee table. Eventually, I realized that my perfectionism was preventing me from starting. So I started last night. I decided to layout the photos, and then go back and add more details.

This is our first stop on the tour - Hampton Court Palace in London, England.

Hampton Court page

Hampton Court page

It feels good to have started!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I hope you'll have fun putting this scrapbook together, remembering all the places you went with mom.

You've made me want to get back at my scrapbooking. :)